Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News
Business

Bookkeeper charged with stealing $3.5 million from employer

The woman allegedly took the money from the Northbridge business from 2011.

A Perth woman has been charged with stealing just over $3.5 million from her employer over a period of several years.

WA Police said the East Perth woman, now aged 61, worked as a bookkeeper for a Northbridge business between 2009 and 2017 where she was responsible for banking.

Police said an "in-depth" analysis of business records showed the money had been stolen since 2011.

The woman, from East Perth, has been charged by Major Fraud Squad detectives with 115 counts of stealing.

She is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on November 27.

In a statement, police said the charges followed a "complex and extensive investigation" by detectives into the woman's activities.

The company has not been named by police.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.