Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Sport

Bologna coach Mihajlovic returns to training after quarantine

FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Serie A - Atalanta v Bologna - Stadio Atleti Azzurri, Bergamo, Italy - July 21, 2020 Bologna coach Sinisa Mihajlovic reacts during the match, as play resumes behind closed doors following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) REUTERS/Alberto Lingria

Bologna coach Sinisa Mihajlovic can leave quarantine and will be present at training on Tuesday after returning a second negative COVID-19 test, the Serie A club said on Monday.

The 51-year-old Serb, who tested positive in August, was considered a high risk because he was diagnosed with leukaemia and underwent chemotherapy last year, but he remained asymptomatic.

"In light of the negative results from recent COVD-19 tests, Bologna head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic may now return to his regular duties," said Bologna in a statement.

Mihajlovic said he might have been infected by his children who were frequenting discotheques during the summer holidays.

(Writing by Brian Homewood)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.