Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Kirsty Feerick

Body found in search for missing Scot David Budge who vanished last week

A body has been found in the search for a missing Scot described as a 'brilliant guy' by friends.

Police informed the family of David Budge after the grim discovery at around 5pm yesterday at Scrabster Harbour in Thurso

They said formal identification is yet to take place.

It comes after the 55-year-old was reported missing from the area on Tuesday and was last seen near the ferry terminal.

The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Tributes are now pouring in for David after officers announced the news.

Shane Ralf Ross said: "Sad news he was brilliant guy I had many of good pint with Dave when I was drinking."

Julie Anderson said: "Heartbreaking."

Jacqueline Drain said: "So sad."

Adams Lott said: "Such sad news."

Police Scotland said: "Around 5pm on Thursday, 15 April, the body of a man was recovered from Scrabster Harbour, Thurso.

"Formal identification has still to take place however the family of David Budge, 55, who was reported missing from Thurso on Tuesday, 13 April, has been informed.

"There are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances and a report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.