Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Irish Mirror
Irish Mirror
National
Sam Roberts

Body found in search for missing Donegal man Ken Keeney

A body has been found in the search for a missing Donegal man.

Ken Keeney, 59, from the Cockhill area of Buncrana, had last been seen at around 10am yesterday.

The sad discovery was made this evening after gardai had issued a missing persons appeal earlier this afternoon.

Both gardai and Ken's family had told of how they were concerned for his welfare.

Ken Keeney (An Garda Siochana)

However gardai confirmed within the last hour that the search has now been stood down after a body was found.

A spokesman said: "The missing person search for Ken Keeney has been stood down following the discovery of a body this evening, September 6.

"We would like to thank the public and the media for their assistance in this matter.

"No further action is required."

For the latest news and breaking news on this breaking news story please visit irishmirror.ie/news.

Follow us on Twitter @IrishMirror - the official Irish Mirror Twitter account. We're also on Facebook/irishmirror.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.