Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

BJP sticks on to CBI probe in Walayar case

BJP leader C. Krishnakumar (Source: THE HINDU)

The BJP has demanded that the government should hand over the Walayar case to the CBI in the wake of the High Court setting aside the POCSO court judgement.

“If the government is sincere, it's time to hand over the case to the CBI,” said BJP state general secretary C. Krishnakumar in Palakkad on Wednesday.

He said the accused were CPI(M) workers and had been exonerated by the POCSO court because of the failure of the police and the prosecution.

“An investigation by a State agency will do no good as the government agencies had tried to scuttle the case,” said Mr. Krishnakumar.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.