Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Health

Biden campaign says October 22 debate should be the last

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's campaign on Thursday rejected a proposal from President Donald Trump's team for a debate on Oct. 29, saying the one already scheduled for a week earlier should be the last ahead of the November election.

Trump earlier on Thursday said he would not participate in a planned Oct. 15 debate after it was changed from an in-person event to a virtual one. His campaign later proposed to the nonpartisan commission that hosts debates that the Oct. 15 and Oct. 22 debates each be pushed back by one week.

(Reporting by Susan Heavey; editing by Tim Ahmann)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.