Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Belfast Live
Belfast Live
National
Conor Coyle

Bernard Sanke: Body found in search for missing Fermanagh man

A body has been recovered by police as part of a search into missing Co Fermanagh man, Bernard Sanke.

The body was found in Tollymore Forest Park in Co Down on Thursday night, police have confirmed.

Mr Sanke, 65, was last seen in the forest park area outside Newcastle on Sunday, where he had been dropped off at the car park.

A police spokesperson said a postmortem will be carried out to determine the cause of death.

"Police searching for missing person Bernard Sanke have recovered a body in Tollymore Forest Park in Newcastle last night (Thursday 9 December)," a PSNI statement said.

"A post mortem will be carried out to determine the cause of death.

"There are no further details at the time."

To get the latest breaking news straight to your inbox, sign up to our free newsletter.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.