BENGALURU: Bommanahalli MLA Satish Reddy, whose two SUVs were gutted in a recent fire at his residence, alleged that the cable mafia was behind the attack.
Though the MLA has not named anyone, his claim is in contrast to the initial statement by police, who said the attackers targeted the MLA as they could not tolerate his opulence. Police reportedly detained three accused on Friday.
On Saturday, Reddy told media: “I don’t want to name anyone right now. But I suspect the hands of the cable mafia behind the arson. They were unhappy with me for various reasons. The arrested ones are just actors; they work for some cable operator. Their director is someone else.”
On August 12, three persons had entered Reddy’s house through the rear gate, poured petrol on SUVs and set them on fire. While sneaking out, they had changed their clothes to hoodwink police. They had used a stolen bike which, however, helped cops in tracing them.
Police commissioner Kamal Pant had earlier stated that the three men were upset after one of them, who wanted some help, was refused entry into Reddy’s house. However, he later said: “We shall not believe their claims without evidence. A detailed investigation will reveal the truth.”