Nov. 08--After experimenting with different offensive line combinations this week, the Bears will replace left guard Matt Slauson against the Packers on Sunday night the same way they did when Slauson missed three games earlier this season.
Rookie Michael Ola is expected to start at left guard, and Jordan Mills will remain at right tackle, coach Marc Trestman said after Friday's practice. Veteran Brian de la Puente will back up the Bears' interior linemen.
It will be the Bears' sixth starting line combination through nine games. They used the same starting five for all 16 games last season thanks to good injury fortune that hasn't carried over.
Ultimately, the Bears this week opted for as much continuity as possible. That meant keeping Mills at right tackle, where he has started 23 of the Bears' last 24 games.
In addition to Ola's three starts at left guard, he has started twice at left tackle and replaced the injured Mills (left foot) at right tackle against the Patriots in Week 8.
"Michael has moved around," Trestman said. "Jordan has been in that position for a long time, and he's healthy and ready to go and has played well."
Seventh-round rookie tackle Charles Leno, Jr. will replace Eben Britton as the sixth offensive lineman in packages that require that. Britton had his appendix removed during the week off and was not with the team this week.
Leno was on the active game-day roster only once this season, but he did not play in that Oct. 12 victory over the Falcons.
rcampbell@tribune.com
Twitter @Rich_Campbell