Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
Sport
Patrick Finley

Bears RB Tarik Cohen tweets that he’s not going anywhere

Running back Tarik Cohen practices for the Bears. | Photo by Dylan Buell/Getty Images

Bears fans might be riding the rollercoaster of quarterback trade rumors on Twitter, but running back Tarik Cohen isn’t.

On Saturday night, after a Philadelphia television/radio reporter speculated the Bears could give up a first-round pick, quarterback Nick Foles and Cohen for quarterback Carson Wentz, the running back responded.

“Let me clear this up real quick,” he wrote. “Just got off the phone [with] my [head coach] and GM, Bears fans, we locked in. ... Don’t worry ... ”

Presumably, general manager Ryan Pace and coach Matt Nagy told him he needn’t worry about being traded.

“People say anything nowadays man,” he wrote.

Lemme clear this up real quick . Just got off the phone wit my HC and GM , bears fans we locked in don’t worry . people say anything nowadays man .

— Tarik Cohen (@TarikCohen) February 7, 2021

Cohen is recovering from a torn ACL suffered on a punt return against the Falcons.

ESPN reported Saturday that the Eagles figure to trade Wentz soon, but it’s unclear if such rumblings coincide with general manager Howie Roseman trying to churn up interest for his passer after he posted the worst season of any starting quarterback last year.

The Bears have said they’ll be aggressive on the quarterback market this summer, which is mostly limited to trades and the draft. The free-agent class is weak.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.