Strictly Come Dancing star John Whaite responded to 'disgusting' comments that compared Paralympian Ellie Simmonds to Great British Bake Off's Rose Ayling-Ellis.
He posted an update on Instagram after an article caused him to have a 'sleepless night' which he said 'really angered him.' He shared the details of the article in his stories reported Birmingham Live.
John wrote: “It’s an article that directly compares, on BBC’s Strictly, my partnership with Johannes with that of Richie [Anderson] and Giovanni [Pernice]. It also compares Ellie Simmonds on the show to Rose Ayling-Ellis last year.”
Read more: Prison inspectors concerned over 'high levels' of self harm in HMP Nottingham
He added: “Please don’t use my partnership with Johannes as a way to undermine or erode the beauty of Richie and Giovanni’s partnership.”
He also wrote: “In using the comparison between Rose and Ellie, what I am reading is, if a disability or an impairment isn’t visible and it’s not awkward, and it doesn’t break the mould of what’s been before, then it’s digestible.
- Oktoberfest event with Bavarian hall cancelled, organisers confirm
- Nottinghamshire hospitals declare county-wide critical incident amid 'extreme pressures’
- Nottingham Forest announce key City Ground ticket update
- Greggs issue update on shop forced to close
- The latest food and drink news from Nottinghamshire Live