Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Belfast Live
Belfast Live
National
April Curtin

Ballymena flat fire caused by petrol bomb in early morning 'arson attack'

Detectives are appealing to the public for help after a petrol bomb caused a fire inside a flat in Co Antrim, in what police are treating as an arson attack.

It was around 12.15am on Tuesday (July 6) when police received a report of a fire at a flat in the Wakehurst Park area of Ballymena.

"A number of windows had been broken and a petrol bomb had been thrown inside," Detective Sergeant Crothers said.

There was no one home at the time of the incident.

But the detective said: "This fire could have resulted in serious injuries, even loss of life and could easily have spread to the adjoining properties."

Police are treating this as arson with intent to endanger life, and are asking anyone with information, or who noticed any suspicious activity around that time, to contact them on 101 quoting reference number 26 of 06/07/21.

Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.