Police have appealed to Liverpool's taxi drivers to check their dashcams for footage that may help with the investigation into the death of Ava White.
A 14-year-old boy appeared in Liverpool Crown Court today charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon just under a week after the death of 12 year old Ava.
She died at Alder Hey Children's Hospital after being stabbed in the neck at around 8.30pm on November 25 while with friends around Church Street in the city centre.
READ MORE: Boy accused of stabbing Ava White could stand trial in May
Last week, police officers had asked the driver of a van close to the scene to come forward to help with their investigations
Now, a new appeal has been launched for taxi drivers in the nearby Hanover Street taxi rank to check whether they have any video footage within a 40 minute time period.
A tweet from Liverpool Council's licensing department said officers were hoping drivers parked or driving near the rank may have dash cam footage that could assist the investigation.
The tweet said: "Murder Enquiry - Assistance Required for Merseyside Police. Any driver in the area of the Hanover Street Taxi rank at approximately 20:35 on 25th November 2021, who have dash cam footage in their cab to get in touch with us via the public link on next tweet."
A later tweet goes on to ask drivers to download any footage covering a 40 minute period between 8.15pm and 8.55pm.
Any driver who has footage is asked to get in touch with police.
The boy charged with Ava's murder appeared before the city's top judge this morning after going before magistrates earlier this week.
The Honorary Recorder of Liverpool Judge Andrew Menary, QC, said a plea and trial preparation hearing would be held on February 18 next year, when the boy will be invited to enter his pleas to the charges.
He listed the case for a potential trial on May 16, which Ian Unsworth, QC, prosecuting, said was estimated to last two to three weeks.
No application for bail was made by the defence and the boy was remanded in secure accommodation.
Three other boys, aged between 13 and 15, were also arrested and have been conditionally bailed as inquiries continue.
For the latest news and breaking news visit liverpoolecho.co.uk/news
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter @LivECHONews - the official Liverpool ECHO Twitter account - real news in real time.
We're also on Facebook/theliverpoolecho - your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Liverpool ECHO.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here