Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Business

Australian GP to stay in Melbourne until 2025

FILE PHOTO: Formula One F1 - Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne, Australia - March 15, 2019 McLaren’s Lando Norris in action during practice REUTERS/Edgar Su/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - Melbourne's Albert Park circuit will continue to host the Australian Grand Prix until at least the end of 2025, Formula One said on Thursday.

It said a two-year contract extension with the Australian Grand Prix Corporation was signed in London.

"Today’s announcement follows on from last week’s, relating to the British Grand Prix and is proof that more and more promoters are sharing our long-term vision for the future of Formula One," said chairman Chase Carey in a statement.

Silverstone last week signed a five-year deal keeping the British Grand Prix on the calendar until at least the end of 2024.

Next year's season-opening race in Melbourne will be on March 15, with Formula One celebrating its 70th anniversary. The rest of the calendar has yet to be published.

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ed Osmond)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.