Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
David Struett

Attempted murder charge filed in Humboldt Park shooting

Sun-Times file photo

A Humboldt Park man faces an attempted murder charge after allegedly shooting a man earlier this year in the West Side neighborhood.

Travoy Johnson, 25, shot a man while intervening in a fight between the man and a woman Jan. 25 in the 1000 block of North Ridgeway Avenue, Chicago police said.

The man, 31, was struck in the shin about 6:15 p.m. and took himself to Saint Mary’s and Elizabeth Medical Center in good condition, police said.

Police arrested Johnson Monday in the 800 block of North Hamlin Avenue after identifying him as the shooter, police said.

He was expected to appear in court later Tuesday.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.