Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News
National
Danny Tran

Attempted indecent assault charge against Craig McLachlan dropped

A single charge of attempted indecent assault has been dropped against actor Craig McLachlan, but a Melbourne magistrate has ruled he has a "case to answer" on 13 other accusations.

It comes after two other charges against Mr McLachlan, 54, were dropped in March.

Mr McLachlan, who has long maintained his innocence, is facing a contested hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court over the allegations, which include that he rubbed his penis against a complainant and forced his tongue into her mouth.

The charge of attempted indecent assault was on Monday dropped during an administrative hearing, which was held to determine whether certain evidence was admissible.

"The accused has a case to answer on all the remaining charges," Magistrate Belinda Wallington said.

The hearing against Mr McLachlan began in November last year when four women gave evidence behind closed doors about alleged inappropriate behaviour in 2014, during the time when Mr McLachlan was performing in The Rocky Horror Show.

Lawyers for the television star on Monday told the court that the case had been hanging over his head for some time.

Mr McLachlan was not present in court on Monday.

The case will return to court in November.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.