Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
AAP
AAP
National
Laine Clark

Armed man shot by Queensland police

Police have shot a man in the hand after he allegedly drew a firearm south of Brisbane. (AAP)

A man has been shot in the hand after allegedly pulling a gun on police south of Brisbane.

The 56-year-old has been taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries under police guard.

Police say officers had been searching for the man on Tuesday morning after he made "serious threats to harm other people known to him".

Officers located his car on a street in Flagstone about 11.20am but when they approached, the man exited the vehicle and produced the firearm.

"Police called on him to put the firearm down. He has received a gunshot wound to the hand," Acting Inspector Jonathan Lavin told reporters on Tuesday.

"Police have reacted in accordance to their training and the threat was subdued ... and they did a good job."

No officers were injured.

The Ethical Standards Command are investigating.

It is the second shooting incident in as many days in Brisbane's south.

A 48-year-old gunman died after being shot by police following a six hour stand-off at a Stretton business on Monday night.

"Yes we have had two incidents in the last 24 hours but that is the nature of policing unfortunately - 24/7, anything can happen," Insp Lavin said.

"I believe there is no link to last night's incident."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.