Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
USA Today Sports Media Group
USA Today Sports Media Group
Sport
Chris Roling

Andy Dalton keeps it simple when asked if his job is in danger

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton says despite outside noise, nothing within Paul Brown Stadium has suggested his job could be in danger.

Dalton threw a trio of picks in the fourth quarter of last week’s loss to Jacksonville, which sparked some conversation about his status as starter in a winless season.

But the veteran quarterback kept it short and sweet while chatting with the media Wednesday:

There has been outside speculation of a potential change at the quarterback position. How have you handled that?

“It hasn’t been spoken in this building.”

For the sake of reference, earlier in the week coach Zac Taylor had said “I don’t think it’s fair to do at any position” when asked if he would commit to Dalton for the remainder of the season, but also noted other problems besides Dalton’s play popped up during the most recent loss.

For Bengals coaches, if not the front office, the conversation comes down to whether benching Dalton would do any good either way given the poor play of the offensive line, which has had a brutal snowball effect on the rest of the unit.

As of right now, Dalton hasn’t heard anything to suggest his spot as a starter is in jeopardy.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.