Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Canberra Times
The Canberra Times
National

ACT removes all travel requirements with Sydney

ACT Chief Health Officer Kerryn Coleman. Picture: Karleen Minney

The ACT has lifted all travel requirements with Greater Sydney as the threat of COVID-19 has eased.

As restrictions imposed across Sydney have relaxed, the ACT has removed all parts of the region from the list of COVID-19 hotspots.

Earlier this month, hospital and aged care workers who had been in the Greater Sydney area were told not to attend work for two weeks since leaving.

"Staff, visitors and volunteers who have been to Greater Sydney in the previous 14 days, are again able to attend high-risk settings in the ACT," ACT Health said.

High-risk settings include hospitals, residential aged care, correctional facilities and extends to anyone provides home-based care.

Meanwhile, ACT Health said travel requirements in Victoria are still in place and anyone who has been in Greater Melbourne since May 6 should check areas of concern and exposure locations.

"This information is regularly updated if new COVID-19 exposure sites are identified. Please continue checking to see if you have been to a COVID-19 exposure site," the statement said.

Read more:

"Please remember that the COVID-19 situation in states and territories can change quickly.

"If you are intending to, or have recently travelled interstate, keep checking the public health advice in the relevant state or territory before travelling and for 14 days after returning."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.