Aaron Carter has revealed he and girlfriend Melanie Martin are expecting their first child together – weeks after she was arrested for allegedly attacking him in a domestic violence incident.
The 32-year-old American pop singer took to Instagram Live on Tuesday to make the surprise pregnancy announcement, holding out an apparent positive pregnancy test.
Aaron, who is the younger brother of Backstreet Boys legend Nick Carter, has been dating Instagram model Melanie since the start of the year.
The singer has opened up about his expectations of becoming a father and the importance of family in his life after sharing the happy news.

“Obviously I have a baby on the way,” Aaron said as he presented the pregnancy test to fans.
“I’m going to be a busy father for sure,” he continued.
“This is the official announcement, we’re pregnant,” he added.


The singer spoke to People magazine to explain more about his hopes of fatherhood and stating a family with Melanie.
“This is what we both want,” he said.
“We both were trying for it. I’m just focused on the future and being a dad. I want to be a good dad,” he continued.

“I’m focused, my music career has been doing really well, and touring, having my clothing line out, all that stuff I have going for me that isn’t necessarily just music. Family is most important to me,” he added.
Aaron and Melanie made headlines at the end of March amid allegations of a domestic bust up.
Reports stated Melanie had been arrested at Aaron’s home after an argument turned physical with the singer being left with “a scratched arm.”
The couple had reportedly split at the beginning of April, but subsequently reunited.
The news came after reports in 2019 that Aaron’s brother, Nick, had taken a restraining order out against the younger singer amid allegations Aaron had threatened to kill Nick’s wife.
Aaron was also banned from contacting his twin sister Angel and ordered to hand his guns to authorities following claims he threatened her with violence and showed off his weapons on social media.