
Saudi Arabia announced on Thursday 518 new coronavirus cases, and four deaths in patients who had underlying medical conditions.
The health ministry said 59 patients have recovered, bringing the total number of recoveries in the Kingdom to 990.
Saudi Arabia’s total number of cases of people infected with the new coronavirus has reached 6,380, it said.
Housing units of workers are considered “dangerous” in terms of the possible spread of infection, said ministry spokesman Dr. Mohammed Abdelali.
He added that the ministry has sent them multi-language awareness messages.
In Oman, the authorities locked down a textile market in a town popular with tourists over coronavirus fears as the country reported more than 100 new infections on Thursday, mostly among foreign residents, to take its count above 1,000.
The Sultanate earlier this month closed off Muscat governorate, which includes the capital, after locking down the town of Muttrah, home to one of the country's oldest souqs, due to the spread of infection among migrant workers.
Oman's health minister said a textile market in Southeastern governorate's Jalan Bani Bu Ali town, home to historic watchtowers and a fort, would be isolated from 4 a.m. Thursday until further notice after 12 infections were detected there.
In Kuwait, state-owned Kuwait National Petroleum Co said on Thursday it was setting up centers in three districts that can shelter up to 7,000 "marginalized" foreign workers to aid government containment efforts, state media reported.