Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Manchester Evening News
Manchester Evening News
National
Ashlie Blakey

Two 'youths' hurl object from bridge over M61 and smash car window

A car window was left smashed after two 'youths' hurled an object over a motorway bridge.

The incident happened on the M61 near junction four for Farnworth this afternoon (Monday), police say.

Motorway police officers said two youths had been spotted on the bridge over the carriageway.

READ MORE: M6 warning as 'person spotted on motorway' as police rush to scene

They threw an object onto the road hit a car window and smashed it.

This sparked an emergency response with drivers urged to 'be careful' in the area.

In a tweet posted at around 1.20pm today (Monday), North West Motorway Police said: "We have just taken a report of 2 youths on the overbridge M61 J4 Farnworth.

"They have thrown an object off the bridge which has smashed a drivers car window.

"We are deploying on a grade 1 response to the scene & the overbridge.

"If this is your route, please be careful."

Get the latest headlines direct to your inbox with our newsletters.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.