Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Jonny Bonell

Latest transfer twist in Nottingham Forest's chase for striker 'target'

Cardiff City are the latest club to have reportedly joined the race for Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham.

Nottingham Forest have been linked with a move for the Premier League forward this window, along with Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City.

The Sun claim that Cardiff are eyeing a loan move for Wickham and are willing to pay more than Sheffield Wednesday for his wages.

Bristol City are said to have long-held an interest in the 26-year-old, while Forest reportedly enquired about his availability as Sabri Lamouchi looks to bolster his attacking ranks.

Bordeaux are another side interested in Wickham, who has been made available on loan after the January arrival of striker Cenk Tosun from Everton.

That saw him slip further down the pecking order under Roy Hodgson, who hinted he could got elsewhere to get games.

“I think for his future, he needs to get a run of games,” the Palace boss said. “I might not be able to guarantee him that, but I must emphasise he trains well, he is very professional, and if he stays [at Palace] that is no problem. You can’t have too many front players.”

Wickham has struggled for game time so far this season, making just eight appearances for the Eagles and scoring one goal.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.