Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Mirror
Daily Mirror
Entertainment
Zoe Delaney

Jesy Nelson teases that first solo project since Little Mix exit will be released soon

She famously left the world's biggest girl band Little Mix last year in order to protect her mental health, but Jesy Nelson has never had any intentions of walking away from the music world completely.

After teasing fans for months, it appears the singer is almost ready to release her debut solo single, her first musical project since she split from former bandmates Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall seven months ago.

The star, who recently celebrated her 30th birthday with a series of lavish celebrations, took to her Instagram stories on Monday to give a sign that her solo music is almost ready to be released.

Jesy Nelson jas hinted that her solo record will be out soon (Instagram)

Filmed in a studio, Jesy posted a short video, with no audio, zooming into a pair of headphones and various other pieces of recording equipment.

Exciting fans who are early anticipating her next move, the star captioned the snippet: "Pending..." alongside an emoji of a monkey covering its mouth.

This little teaser comes just weeks after the former Little Mix singer gave fans a preview of her upcoming single.

In a swift six-second clip shared to her Instagram, the video featured the sound of the singer's strong vocals against a jazz-inspired pop track.

The 30-year-old teased her fans on her social media stories (Instagram)

Jesy signed her solo record deal with Polydor Records in May 2021 and said at the time: "This is such a pinch-me moment."

"I cannot wait for you guys to hear what I've been working on and to start this new chapter," she added.

Following her departure from Little Mix in December 2020, fans were surprised to see Jesy return to the studio so soon after her shock exit.

The X Factor star shared a snap in her “happy place,” the recording studio, to her 8 million followers on Instagram in February 2021.

Jesy spoke about the reaction to her quick return to making music in a candid interview with Cosmopolitan earlier this year.

During a revealing chat with the magazine, she said: "I feel like there have been a few people who don't understand why I left Little Mix, but am now in the studio making music.

Little Mix became one of the world's biggest groups after being formed on The X Factor (Getty Images)

“I never said when I put out my statement that I was coming out of the band to never be in the public eye or perform again, or do music. I was coming out of the band because I genuinely couldn't deal with the pressure of being in a girl band."

The star also discussed the pressure she felt while being part of a girl band.

Little Mix was formed in 2011 on The X Factor and went on to make history as they became the first group to ever win the ITV talent show.

While the band went on to achieve great success, Jesy found herself at "breaking point" as she was constantly the victim of online abuse.

"I find the constant pressure of being in a girl group and living up to expectations very hard," she told Cosmopolitan.

"I was bigger than the other three, and there's never really been that in a girl group," she confessed when revealing how comparison to her bandmates could be tough.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.