Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Sun-Times Wire

Indiana man struck and killed by vehicle

A 32-year-old man was struck by a vehicle in Ford Heights Sept. 11, 2019 and died two days later. | Sun-Times file photo

A 32-year-old man from Hammond, Indiana died after he was struck by a vehicle last week in south suburban Ford Heights.

He was standing next to his white 2001 Ford pickup truck about 8:19 p.m. on the left shoulder at I-394 northbound at Lincoln Highway when a 38-year-old man driving a black 2000 Ford pickup truck hit him, Illinois State police said.

The younger man died from complications of his injuries 7:30 a.m. Sept. 13, the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. His death was ruled an accident.

The 38-year-old driver of the black pickup truck stayed on the scene and received a citation for improper lane use, authorities said.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.